Waitakere Hospital is situated 55 Lincoin Road, Henderson, seated at the foot of the magnificent Waitakere Ranges and close to the black volcanic sand beaches of the west coast.
It was officially opened on 1 February 2005, providing acute inpatient services for the populations of Waitakere City and Kaipara Ki-Raro.
It features the following facilities:
- 76 medical beds
- six coronary care beds
- an Emergency Care Centre with 22 cubicles and two resuscitation beds
- a Surgical Unit with two theatres, one being a dedicated obstetric theatre and an endoscopy procedure room
- elective surgical and endoscopy services are provided from the Surgical Unit
- a Maternity Unit
- acute gynaecology, elective gynaecology, colposcopy, and some urogynaecology services
- a Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU)
- a Paediatric Service
- an Allied Health Team of: social workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language therapists. Dietitians also work on the wards but are part of Nutrition Services.
Other medical facilities in Waitakere NZ are situated all around the area. Refer to the map for more detail.